Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Designer Spotlight: Amy Yoon


Full Name: Amy Yoon

Age: 21

Hometown: Ilsan, Republic of Korea

Year at Liberty: Junior

Years Doing the Fashion Show: First year!

Materials being used: Trash bag, grocery plastic bag, and used ribbon.

Design inspiration (paragraph or more explaining where your inspiration comes from)
Although we have many unlimited materials we can use around us, I chose plastic bags because it’s flowing and has lightweight. Unfortunately, It was harder than I ever thought. I really wanted my design looks just a wearable dress, not like “Hey, that’s a plastic bag.” Through this fashion show, I even more appreciated that we have conventional fabrics in good quality in our life.  

Favorite part about participating so far: I can’t particularly say what’s my favorite part. Because every process for the fashion show really inspired me a lot and made me to think about my future career and creativity. It’s really fun and interesting to watch other designers’ garments with using different materials have done so far.

Who are your models? My good sweet friend, Min Hye Kang

No comments:

Post a Comment