Thursday, March 20, 2014

Designer Spotlight: Sarah Bell




  Full Name: Sarah Eliza Bell

 Age: 20

Hometown: Loudon, New Hampshire

Year at Liberty: Junior

   Years Doing the Fashion Show: This is my 2nd year doing the show!

Materials being used: All of the materials I am using are things we throw away. Specifically, I am using magazines, Walmart bags, trash bags, saran wrap, newspaper, and various random plastic materials.

   Design inspiration (paragraph or more explaining where your inspiration comes from): My inspiration come from all over. I am inspired by what I see, what I feel, and the materials themselves (they have a mind of their own). The theme for this year’s show, Go Green Go Glam, allowed the designers to recycle and reuse materials. Being a lover of Haute Couture and avant garde fashions, I decided to pick unconventional materials. As I began to brainstorm and gather my materials, I realized that they were all trash. I am very creative, so using these materials allowed me an outlet for that creativity. I also love how the dresses are not only artistic but also can be used as a way to cause awareness for how much we waste.

 Favorite part about participating so far: I love a good challenge, and this year has definitely pushed me beyond my comfort zone and expertise. I am learning so much just by pushing myself and I think that has been the most frustrating, and yet ironically, the best and my favorite part of this experience.


Who are your models? I am very blessed to have these beautiful ladies model the garments: Sarah Lukaszewski, Melissa Ann DiFazio, Emily Canfield, and Hannah Scherbenske.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment