Monday, March 31, 2014

Designer Spotlight: Rachel Haldeman



Full Name: Rachel Haldeman

Age: 22

Hometown: Sellersville, PA

Year at Liberty: Senior

Years Doing the Fashion Show: First timer

Materials being used: Recycled sheet, table cloth, and fake plants

Design inspiration (paragraph or more explaining where your inspiration comes from): I knew starting off that I wanted to make a floor length dress that was both elegant, but also played off the theme of “go green” with earthy colors. I loved the idea of gold accents, so I wanted to include that in the process as well. The concept of using recycled materials and making them into beautiful garments inspired me to be open-minded when looking for pieces to use for my design. It was a neat reminder of the gospel, and the way God transforms ordinary to extraordinary. We as designers just get a small glimpse of that in this process.

Favorite part about participating so far: I had a lot of fun challenging myself and seeing the transformation come together from recycled materials to a garment.


Who are your models? Meg Harrington

No comments:

Post a Comment