Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Designer Spotlight: Jacqueline Suzanne


Full Name: Jacqueline Suzanne

Age: 21

Hometown: Bangor, Maine

Year at Liberty: Junior

Years Doing the Fashion Show: First Year

 Materials being used: used skirt, bed sheets, used prom dress lining, and boning

Design inspiration The “Go Green” efforts of this design show gave me a great format to be inspired upon, and spring season holds newness in the air. I ended up being inspired by my roots, my home state of Maine. A great part of Maine is the Spring/Summer flowers that bloom near Eagle Lake. The purples were always my favorite to gaze upon. I got my coloring and styling from this place. The light flowing fabrics and purples are what I chose to pull from my experience.

Favorite part about participating so far: I have enjoyed my experience because of the challenge and inspiration. I have aspirations to produce fashion shows and this is a basic template to learn from. The task of producing one look by hand was already daunting but to add the dimension of recycled materials challenged my abilities and my affinity for spontaneous creative solutions. Just to be a part of this show I have gain inspiration, but the other designers are destroying my limitations on creativity. These other Liberty University designers are inspiring.


Who are your models? Rachel Brown

2 comments: