Thursday, April 3, 2014

Designer Spotlight: Durrell Pannell



Full Name: Durrell M. Pannell

Age:22

Hometown: Lynchburg, Va

Year at Liberty: Senior (Transfer)

Years Doing the Fashion Show: First Year

Materials being used: Trash Bag, Recycled Wedding Dress, Feathers

Design inspiration : I was inspired by the things that I would actually wear myself. I love texture so the first thing I thought about was something you would to touch on a dress. Recycling I thought about feathers a pillow. In thinking that pillows would be too plain, I decided to do something different. So one day while working, taking out of the trash I thought about a pant suit. In my Fashion Industry class we also talked about the see-thru dress in the 1960’s and I wanted to make an appropriate version of that. Lastly, in search for fabric in Goodwill I found an old Wedding dress, in which I wanted the trail to represent a wrap-around like the style today. I wanted my design to plain and glamorous and not, in Mrs. Howard’s words, “Homemade”

Favorite part about participating so far: I would say the excitement and rush in getting everything done really gets your fashion senses going. And the Model walking!


Who are your models? Priscilla Ohene

No comments:

Post a Comment