Thursday, April 10, 2014

Designer Spotlight: Timothy MacLeod




Full Name: Timothy John MacLeod

Age: 24

Hometown: Weymouth, Massachusetts

Year at Liberty: Super Extra Senior

Years Doing the Fashion Show: This is my first year

Materials being used: Old couch cushions, old bed sheets, & no-slip padding

Design inspiration (paragraph or more explaining where your inspiration comes from): When I was home for Christmas break my little brother was debating whether or not to throw out the old couch in his room. I had the idea that I wanted to use heavy upholstery fabric so I told him to toss it and let me have the fabric for the show. Surprisingly he did. That is where my inspiration started; finding my fabric. From there everything else came day by day.

Favorite part about participating so far: My favorite part about participating has been the rush of using all these things I learned a long time ago to create something I envisioned in my head. Being back at the machine and constructing has been a lot of fun.

Who are your models? My model is the beautiful Christina Hoang.


No comments:

Post a Comment