Thursday, April 10, 2014

Designer Spotlight:Mercedes Weston



Full Name: Mercedes Weston

Age: 23

Hometown: Somersworth, NH

Year at Liberty: Senior!

Years Doing the Fashion Show:This is my second year!

Materials being used: I had a lot of fun finding and using these materials! Some of the thing I used are: an umbrella, an old prom dress, tulle, two sets of curtains, piece from an old wedding dress, denim, two leather jackets, faux fur, soda cans, feathers, spray paint, and faux leather.

Design inspiration:I was inspired heavily by the four elements. Within my theme, I have four garments with inspirations from Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. The earth garment, inspired by floral and fauna, include animal-like notions (leather and fur) and grass resembling fabric (green suede.) The air garment has light, flowing fabrics in ethereal colors, with inspirations from bird feathers and golden accents signifying the sun. The fire ensemble is menswear inspired with tailored garments that are brazen in fabric and resemble fire’s nature.


Water is a futuristic take and the most abstract in that the materials that inspired me were less natural and more metallic in nature but still giving the appearance and reflective nature of things found in water environments.

Favorite part about participating so far: Pushing the limits of my creativity and resourcefulness, but also meeting an incredible group of people and working with great models that are also my friends.

Who are your models?  This year I have the gorgeous and talented: Soren Conrad, Amanda Best, Olivia Kate Manning, and Rebekah Sebok.



2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you Mercy. I can't wait to see your creations. Love ya, Debbie Hanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. you go girl. God Has Blessed you with the talent.

    ReplyDelete